Skip to main content

Bird is the word"Promise" and Scrapfit Workout # 60


Happy New Year! I already made my resolution list for this new year, did you??...  I made this page as Design Team works for Bird is the Word and Scrapfit.
I combined both challenges.  In "Bird is the Word" the new word is "Promise", this challenge is super easy you just need to make a page or card with the Promise word in the title or in the journal.
And the workout in Scrapfit is inspired by the 80'music...Pat Benatar' song "Love is a Battlefiled".  This workout was a little hard in the begining for me but I decided to make a page about my 80" wedding...the music reminded me those days when I was preparing everything about it and of course, I love 80' music.

More details.... 

Butterfly Garden's papers by Pink Paislee

Imaginarium Design Chipboard


The sketch for BITW...
And the awesome prize is a kit for TIDBITZ IN TIME.


Scrapfit
You can win this kit from BOYS RULE.




Featured Page
I'm so happy because my page Santa was featured in The Color Room and in Once Upon at Sketch.







I'M GUEST DESIGNER at
My Creative Scrapbook
this month...I worked with the Album kit
Some sneak peaks...



Come back this Thursday to see the reveal...

I wish you the best in this New Year...A lot of Blessings!!!  Thanks for always stopping by and for your sweet comments.
A Big Hug!!!
With Love,
Marilyn 

Comments

  1. Hola mi querida amiga!! FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!! que pena saber que estas enferma,espero que no sea nada grave. Muchas gracias por los piropos del kit.Te contaré que cuando lo recibí dije uffff que voy a hacer con estos papeles???? A mi me encanta Websters pero parece que para mirarlos,no para trabajar con ellos,no son mucho mi estilo,pero al final quedé contenta con el resultado.
    Tus trabajos preciosos y super creativos como siempre,eres muy talentosa amiga!!!
    Un abrazo!!
    Luzma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn! Happy New Year!! SO happy to find a post here from you :) Hope you have been well - sure you have been busy!! Congrats on the MCS Guest DT gig - wonderful! The sneaks look intriguing - I will definitely be back on Thursday to see more LOL - and what beautiful pages! LOVE your BITW one - it's really beautiful - and congrats on the double-feature - WOW - another fantastic page - your work is just outstanding!! All the best for 2102 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start to the new year Marilyn! absolutely wonderful news about so many things - CONGRATS! Hope you and the family are OK, seems you've been super busy my love. Pardon me but I have to giggle seeing that fluffy merengue of a 1980's wedding gown so typical for the period. And the lace semi gloves without fingers, aaah! Beautiful and romantic page very befitting to the theme, wonderful job as always! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, love your Design Team page, so pretty and I love the photo look at that Wedding Dress it looks like a fairy princess dress did you make this? Congrats on the feature with TCR loved the way you made the colors look so gorgeous. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and NY thank you for lovely comments and wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful your work!! i will give you the best wishes this year hugs Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your message - wow! You are very busy - love the way you've used the Pink Paislee; but i ADORE the 'Santa' LO that you had featured over at OUAS.... just gorgeous... yes, we are VERY lucky [blessed] to live where we do:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preciosos LO's Marilyn! LOL! detalles expectaculares y hermosos papeles. Una obra de arte, te felicito y mucho exitos en este año 2012. Un abrazo y gracias por compartir, Zulma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year my friend. I'm sorry you have been sick. I love the "Promise" layout with the layers of distressed doilies and the Santa layout is great. Here's to good friends in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gorgeous work!!! Congrats too on your GDT spot!!! And congrats for your featured spots! You are on fire creatively!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marilyn, congrats on your feature, I can see why, stunning, love all your creations, those pics are so precious. Thanks for recent visit I can't believe you haven't used your Copic markers, shame on you. Happy new year and all the best for 2012, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que te puedo decir que ya no te hayan dicho. Superb! Amiga. Felicidades en este año 2012 y que vengan muchas mas cosas lindas para tu vida y mucha, mucha, pero que mucha salud para ti.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year to you to..beautiful work as always..
    byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mi querida prima, espero te encuentres recuperandote... yo aca regresando del crucero.
    Aca me cojio la "gripe" esto de hacer sol y luego llover es algo malo.. pero pa'lante.
    Hermosura de trabajo.. siempre deseando lo mejor para ti.
    Un abrazo para ti y gracias por siempre darte la vuelta por mi blog, se agradece mucho.
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  14. Muchas felicidades Marilyn !
    Encantadores tus LO, los detalles que adornan son divinos.
    Abrazos, Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Gracias por sacar de tu tiempo y dejarme un mensaje son bien apreciados, me encantan!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Paper Variety-Blog Hop

Hi!! Today is the first Paper Variety Blog Hop !!!! I'm so excited to announce this week's color challenge, the great prize and the beautiful projects that the design team would made for your inspiration!!! and of course, some blog candy for hopping today!!! If you came from MINDY'S BLOG you're in the correct place.  If not, head back to THE PAPER VARIETY to get started from the beginning. You don't want to miss a thing!! This week is a color challenge. Our sponsor for this week's challenge is  Your Scrapbook Stash ! In order to win this GRAND PRIZE you need to submit your own GREEN project to The Paper Variety  by Tuesday at NOON. If you submit before Sunday evening, you have a chance to have your blog featured on TPV! ;) To get you inspired, I want to share with you.... MY PAGE.... ..... I made this page about my daughter's birthday.  My husband took this photo the day we left the hospital.  My mom bought this dress for Paola, she looked ...

Scrapbookchallenges Blog Hop!! :)

BLOG-HOP  Scrapbookchallenges Hola!!  Si estas de visita y te nos quieres unir comienza por ir al blog de    Pamela . Si es tu primera vez aquí, mi nombre es Marilyn Rivera gane el concurso  "The Top Scrapper"  y obtuve el pase directo al "Design Team" de  scrapbookchallenges.   Vivo en Puerto Rico con mi esposo e hijos Alexander y Paola.  Trabajo en el campo de la moda y hace cuatro años comencé este pasatiempo y ahora soy totalmente adicta ....es mi terapia!!  Me encanta crear!! HI!!   if you have just stopped in, please join us and start at  Pamela 's   blog. If is your first time here, I'm Marilyn Rivera, I won  The Top Scrapper  Challenge and got the bye to  Scrapbookchallenges'  s Design Team. I live in Puerto Rico with my husband and my kids Alexander and Paola.  I work in Fashion field and started in this hobby four years ago and  now I'm totally addicted,,,it's my therapy!! ...

Milestones Blog-Hop

Bienvenidos a "Milestones Blog Hop" Welcome to "Milestones Blog Hop" Si deseas unirte al Blog Hop comienza AQUÍ ,  si vienes del blog de la talentosa Robin,  estas en el sitio correcto!! Hola!! Mi nombre es Marilyn una chica apasionada con este hermoso hobby del scrapbooking, espero estés disfrutando de este blog-hop.  Nos pidieron trabajaramos proyectos celebrando un aniversario, cumpleaños, boda...alguna fecha importante para celebrar!! If you would like to join this Blog Hop start HERE , if you came from the talented Robin's blog, you're in the correct place!! Hello!!  Mi name is Marilyn, i am a passionated girl with this beautiful hobby "scrapbooking", I hope you're enjoying this blog-hop.    We were asked to work projects celebrating an anniversary, birthday, wedding...any important date to celebrate!!! El año pasado fue nuestro aniversario de bodas #20 y lo celebramos con un viaje en crucero durante una semana. We celebrate...