Skip to main content

Bird is the word.."Trust", OUAS and The Color Room#86

Hi my blogger friends!  I hope all of you are doing well.  The last two weeks were very hard for me I got my two babies very sick with Dengue(it 's a virus transmitted by the mosquitoes) and Alexander got worse than Paola, he was dehydrated by much fever...  so no school for two weeks, no work for me, everything a little complicated here.   But now they're fine and started school today and I'm trying to get back to normal again. So I put my skates...trying to catch up!

I made this page for Bird is the Word challenge and the new word is....."Trust" .  I used an old photo of Paola when she was taking ballet classes. I remembered that she always asked me if she was dancing well and this word is perfect to this memory.
I used My Creative Scrapbook August main kit for this page.

More details....






Once Upon a Sketch and The Color Room

I combined the Once Upon a Sketch challenge with The Color Room #86 palette and Nadia's sketch and this was my inspiration......

In OUAS this time the journaling criteria focuses in "YOU" as a woman or any female in your life. I love to be a woman... love to wear and make dresses, use lipstick, being feminine but  for me the most treasure that I have like woman is being a Mother, there's  no words to describe how deep the love a mother feels for her kids...! It's priceless!!!
But at the same time we need to be wonder woman many time if not all the time, trying to make everything perfect, therefore I love this quote that I read...

Modern women are just bombarded. There's nothing but media telling us we're all supposed to be great cooks, have great style, be great in bed, be the best mothers, speak seven languages, and be able to understand derivatives. And we don't really have women we're modeling after, so we're all looking for how to do this.
JAMIE LEE CURTIS




Nadia's sketch




More details...
Basic Grey papers

Imaginarium Design Chipboards
Butterflies from Prima










Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker

I made this next page with the lovely and colorful line of papers "Buttterfly Dance" from Nikki Silvils.  The versatility of her paper's line is fantastic..they are double side papers with different fun designs that you can cut and use like embellishments, you can see an example on my page with all the lovely butterflies that I cut from "Flamingo Butterfly" paper.  This was my inspiration...





More details...



You can see all Nikki Sivils' collections...HERE










So happy with two of my pages Featured the same week!!!!!






Thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments, you always make my day!!!
Until next time!!!
Take Care!!!
Hugs!!
Marilyn

Comments

  1. Your work is really beautiful
    congrats!!!!
    Tks playing along at Bird is the word
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry to hear the kids are sick! I think its so hard when they are down..everyone is out of routine. I hope you all get better soon.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS. LOVE the way you used the multiple photos and the theme behind your layout! So absolutely true!

    Your BITW layout is equally stunning! I love the way you curled the ribon..will have to try that!

    Many thanks for playing along with us and your cintinued support of OUAS. Love, nadia . Oh and congrats on the features! Well deserved/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn your work is just superb. The details, the colors, distressing, and photos are just amazing. I love that circle for BITW and your take on the challenge for OUAS is amazing. Congrats on the features. You so totally deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit Im a bit of a bad blogger, but so glad I dropped by after seeing your page over at TCR, absolutely gorgeous so are your other pieces of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Marilyn these are just super duper awesome .... oozing with love and passion straight from your soul ... so many wonderful details .... love all of your work .. hugz x
    thanks for playing with us x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages! Love the way you have used multiple photos of your eyes and I love your quote. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gasp......beautiful work!!! You do such lovely work, your use of color is very striking! Love your details, especially that paper circle! Thanks so much for playing again at OUAS, and congrats on your features!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous. Stunning work that really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulosos trabajos amiga,me encantaron todos,y felicitaciones por tus trabajos destacados!!
    Que pena lo de tus niños,pobrecitos!!! pero que bueno que ya se recuperaron!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amiga como siempre te botaste. Las dos paginas estan bellas. Aunque mi favorita es la segunda. Esos detalles con las mariposas me encantaron. Las fotos y como las colocaste me encantaron. Me alegra mucho verte de vuelta y que tus nenes ya esten bien. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sepia toned photo in the top layout and you have great eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great page! I'm not surprised at all that you were featured...you do fabulous work...I especially liked the quote you used for this page...so very true...and what beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI.. oh wowo. your layouts are stunning.. i love all of these.. will have to make sure i pop back and see more!! well done on all the challenges...(love the music too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh... I love them both... so so BEAUTIFUL!!! you rocked them... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo Hoo Congrats on the features my dear! Your work is exquisite that's why!! Now your 2 new layouts are marvellous too - I love the twisty thingie that looks like a wreath on that first one - you must let us know how you made that - it looks so cool! So sorry about the sickness in your house _ I sent you a couple of e mails today :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! These are just fabulous! I just love your quote for your inspiration on your 'woman' page. And the repeated photos are a fantastic touch! Love this to bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woohoo, congrats on your two features Marilyn!!! You are on a roll,..I can tell, because these layouts are equally wonderful!! Thanks so much for playing alom´ng at OUAS again!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amiguita, que creatividad! Las dos páginas están espectacularmente bellas. Que bueno que tus chicos están mucho mejor.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Marilyn!! These layouts are all outstanding!! I esp love the one you did for OUAS, only those who have a pair of beautiful eyes like you can scrap such pics hehehehe!! I hope you are doing well there, have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yesss, and HUGE congratulations to you too!! So happy for you!! Yay!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amiga, las paginas estan espectaculares, me encantan los detalles que colocas en ellas, como siempre todo te quedo perfecto!! Abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOWZERS My friend all your page's are so outstanding stunning so much to see on your page and congrats on the features!!so deserved.

    Big hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Marilyn, you poor thing, sounds like you need a rest to recover, love your latest two layouts, stunning, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another feature at The Color Room!! You are on a roll my friend - good for you!! Yes we are both busy busy all night hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Gracias por sacar de tu tiempo y dejarme un mensaje son bien apreciados, me encantan!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Paper Variety-Blog Hop

Hi!! Today is the first Paper Variety Blog Hop !!!! I'm so excited to announce this week's color challenge, the great prize and the beautiful projects that the design team would made for your inspiration!!! and of course, some blog candy for hopping today!!! If you came from MINDY'S BLOG you're in the correct place.  If not, head back to THE PAPER VARIETY to get started from the beginning. You don't want to miss a thing!! This week is a color challenge. Our sponsor for this week's challenge is  Your Scrapbook Stash ! In order to win this GRAND PRIZE you need to submit your own GREEN project to The Paper Variety  by Tuesday at NOON. If you submit before Sunday evening, you have a chance to have your blog featured on TPV! ;) To get you inspired, I want to share with you.... MY PAGE.... ..... I made this page about my daughter's birthday.  My husband took this photo the day we left the hospital.  My mom bought this dress for Paola, she looked

Wonderful Layout + Video Tutorial....My Creative Scrapbook

Hello sweet friends! Today I share with you one project and Video Tutorial that I made with November LE kit by My Creative Scrapbook featuring Prima Marketing: stencils, flowers and the Royal Menagerie collection, also includes Wild Flower papers, stickers by We R..It is really an awesome kit!!! I cut out butterflies from one of the We R papers and I used the new Prima oil pastel to enhance the paper colors...you will see all the process in the video tutorial. My title is a stickers by We R ... I  punched and draped the paper , take a look at the video...  List supplies: art basics: gesso, gel mediums(gloss & Matte) Soluble Oil Paste, art ingredients: glass beads, micro beads by Prima Marketting Big Pen Brush by Faber Castell-  Here is the kit and you can purchase .... HERE Take a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the video tutorial....and if you like it don't forget to click "Like"... :) Thanks for stopping by...until next time!! Have a

Scrapbook Album- Scrapbooking Ideas

 Hello scrappers friends! Today I want to share with you a scrapbook album that I created using the beautiful Eternal Love collection by Dress My Craft. I made the structure of the album with their white cardstock which is sturdy and doesn't need cardboard. You can watch this album page by page in a video at the end of this post. Let's see it... You can watch the complete album in the next video... I hope you find inspiration! Thanks for stopping by...until next time! Hugs! Marilyn